Store your furniture in Málaga
Do you need extra room to accommodate new furniture pieces? Are you planning to move house, or need a clean and secure space for storing furniture during a renovation project? If your home or office is getting a little cramped, Trasteros Plus has all the storage space you need.
We offer flexible rental agreements, 24-hour access, world-class security measures, multiple furniture storage facilities across Malaga and competitive storage pricing. Trust Trasteros Plus for your short-term or long-term furniture storage needs.
OUR SELF STORAGE FACILITY LOCATIONS
The Benefits of Storing Your Furniture
At Trasteros Plus, we specialise in providing furniture storage containers and indoor storage units for your household storage needs. With a selection of top-quality facilities across Malaga and longer opening hours, we provide an easily accessible, low-cost solution to your furniture storage troubles.
A few benefits of storing furniture in a secure Trasteros unit include:
Furniture takes up the most space in a home, but what about the pieces you only use on special occasions? Furniture storage allows you to keep pieces in a safe and affordable unit while creating more space to live comfortably.
Moving to a new home can be stressful, but not with Trasteros Plus. Furniture storage is an easy way to create space and stay organised during a move until you’re ready to unpack.
The dust and dirt of a home renovation can quickly damage your furniture – sometimes permanently. With our flexible rental agreements, you can safely store furniture out of the renovation zone for as long as necessary.
If you’re moving in with roommates or getting married, you may have excess furniture with no place to keep it. Furniture storage provides a secure space to store additional items until you’re ready to sell or donate them.
To ensure our customers enjoy a hassle-free furniture storage experience, we also offer the following benefits:
Trasteros Plus is a widely trusted self storage solution for households and businesses in Costa del Sol. From our competitive prices and flexible contracts to our modern facilities and advanced security measures, we offer the highest quality storage solutions guaranteed to give you peace of mind.
When you need the best furniture storage facilities in Malaga, we’ve got you covered. For more information on storing furniture with Trasteros Plus, pop into your nearest branch or give us a call. Our team of storage experts are always ready to answer your questions.
Once you’ve selected a self storage unit and prepped your items, it’s time for the furniture removal and storage stage. Whether you are moving house, moving office or simply need a secure space for a short time, you need to plan ahead for how you’re going to move the items into storage.
Moving items on your own
There are a few things to consider before you move furniture into a self storage unit on your own. The main advantage is that you will save money on labour costs. However, you will also need to consider the following:
- The cost of personally renting a truck or van large enough to fit all of your furniture.
- Be prepared for the possibility of damaging your furniture during the move due to lack of experience and industry know-how.
- Spending a significant amount of time and physical stress moving everything from your home or office into the unit.
Moving items with professional movers
Investing in professionals to help with furniture storage and removal is the best way to ensure a stress-free move. A Man & Van service includes:
- Experienced movers to handle the heavy lifting
- Trolleys and straps to easily collect and move your furniture without damage
- A properly-equipped van for easy and secure transport to the unit
- Professionals who can pack your furniture into the unit to maximise space
At Trasteros Plus, we know that physically moving heavy furniture is the most stressful part of the self storage journey. That is why we collaborate with top removal companies in Malaga to make the transition easier, whether you’re in Costa del Sol, Fuengirola or Mijas.
If you are interested in hiring professional movers, we – with your permission – will provide our removal contacts with your details, and they will then get in touch with you to discuss your moving needs, schedule and budget. No muss, no fuss.
As you prepare to move your furniture from Costa del Sol, Fuengirola or Mijas into your storage unit, you’ll quickly discover that there is a right and a wrong way to stack furniture. Whether you are storing furniture for one month, a year or longer, you want to ensure that your items are secure, well packed and easy to access.
How to successfully stack furniture for storage
To help ensure that you make the most out of your Malaga storage unit, follow our easy guide to stacking furniture.
1. Elevate your items
Avoid placing furniture directly on the ground or flush against the walls. Use pallets, cinder blocks, flattened cardboard boxes, a drop cloth or even old linens to create a protective layer.
2. Do a final clean sweep
As you move items into your unit, take a final look and double-check for any remaining food items and debris. Leaving behind crumbs in a dresser drawer is sure to attract unwanted pests down the road.
3. Organise items by priority
You may decide on storing certain items for long-term storage and others for short-term storage. Organise your items so that the pieces you’ll need immediately or most often are front and centre.
4. Maximise your space
The key is to create a stable foundation that will support the weight of the furniture on top of it. Place the heaviest pieces on the bottom and work your way up. Use smaller and lighter pieces to fill in any gaps as you go. When stacking, avoid placing boxes or heavy items on couch cushions – it can permanently damage the cushion.
5. Stack smarter, not harder
Use large hollow pieces like dressers, cabinets or bookcases to nest smaller items. You should flip tables upside down and stack dining and arm chairs where possible. Store large pieces at the back and secure them in place to avoid them falling over and damaging other pieces. Store medium boxes along the sides, and keep small boxes and items at the front.
Whether you are on the market for a secure and clean self storage unit, require cost-effective and trustworthy movers or need quality packaging material to wrap furniture, Trasteros Plus is your one-stop storage solution. For more information on our furniture storage solutions, visit your nearest Trasteros Plus branch, give us a call, or chat with us on WhatsApp by clicking on the icon below.
Successfully storing furniture is all about prep. You want to make sure your items are safe, sound and in good condition when you bring them into the unit and take them out later. Whether you require secure storage for household furniture or office furniture, we cover how to prepare items for self storage.
Step 1: Cleaning your furniture for storage
- Thoroughly clean every piece of furniture at least 24 hours before storage.
- Remove all evidence of dirt, dust and food debris. Packed dirt can cause permanent damage for items going into long-term storage and food debris can draw in unwanted pests.
- Prep wood and leather furniture with suitable cleaning products and a damp cloth.
- Once dry, apply a coat of polish or protective cleaner to prevent wood and leather from drying out during storage.
- Polish all metal parts of your furniture with metal cleaning products to remove accumulated oxidation.
- Finish off by wrapping items correctly.
Step 2: Wrapping furniture for storage
- Disassemble large items where possible to make wrapping, transportation and storage easier.
- Ensure every piece of furniture is completely dry before wrapping as any remaining moisture can lead to mould and mildew.
- Invest in the correct size furniture covers. Covers too tight can lead to “sweating” and moisture while covers too large will let in dirt and dust.
- Avoid plastic covers as they can cause your items to “sweat”. Stick to fabric protectors where possible.
- Pad glass doors with sheets of cardboard before securing with bubble wrap and tape.
- Do not place bubble wrap directly against wood or leather. It could lead to moisture build-up and mould.
- Do not place any tape directly onto the furniture as the adhesive can cause permanent damage and staining.
Step 3: Packing furniture for storage
- Prep the storage unit by doing a quick sweep of the unit to remove any dust on the floor. Then place pallets, old blankets or cardboard on the floor to prevent placing furniture items directly on the ground.
- Place old linens, such as sheets and duvet covers, over larger items that you do not have protectors for.
- Nest smaller items inside larger ones, such as cabinets or bookcases, to save space within the unit.
- Start by packing the heaviest items on the bottom and pack the lightest pieces upward to maximise vertical space.
- Don’t place any heavy items or boxes on couch cushions, as the weight can warp the shape over time.
- Create aisles between pieces to ensure easy movement in and out of the unit.
Step 4: Taking care after storage
- Once all items have been removed from storage, wipe down every item with a damp microfiber cloth. This is to gently clean it of any dust or dirt that may have accumulated. A small amount of dust build up is normal.
- Clean all wood, leather and metal items with your product of choice.
- Once fully dry, apply a final coat of furniture protective to bring back its shine.
Whether storing furniture for one month or longer, you can trust that your items will be secure in our units. And if you need quality packaging material, visit our on-site box shop. We have bubble wrap, furniture protective covers, tape, boxes and more.